Friday, July 2, 2010

Court Date

We got a court date - next Friday. Was hoping it would be early next week, but we got one nonetheless. Hoping and praying we will not have the full 10 day waiting period; that perhaps they will cut it short and give us 7 days or something. (Not sure if that is even an option, but with God anything is possible, so I'm still praying.) I just really, really, really want to be able to come home on or before our flight date of July 30th, and I'm a bit worried that having only two weeks after the 10 day waiting period to finish everything is not going to be enough. I think usually 2 1/2 weeks is standard. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pray that we will be home by July 30th. The boys want to go home (all 4 of them), and I really want to go home to my shower, my bed, American food, and the luxury of living in my OWN HOME!!! Living in a tiny apartment with 4 boys is exhausting to say the least (not to mention the LONG days of paperwork when we've been sitting around waiting in a car for 8 long hours - thank goodness we brought a soccer ball with us!)! I can't wait to get home to our large yard and house where they can run around and expend all of the God-given-typical-boy-energy they have. Now I totally understand why people who live in a large city have only one or no kids!! Rick says he could stay much, much longer, but then he doesn't have to spend 6 weeks here like me, only 3 1/2... Not trying to complain, it really is beautiful here, and everything really has been going well for us. Just longing for home and our normal life together (and another bathroom so I don't have to share a toilet with FIVE boys - YUCK!).

On another note, there is a VERY, VERY cute boy in the orphanage who I would LOVE to see adopted. He is ten years old (kind of short for his age), smiles all the time, and is so friendly and kind. He is REALLY, REALLY sweet. He is also extremely good at soccer. If you know of anyone who might be interested, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment