Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Prayer for Bohdan

Although we had another smooth (and very LONG) day of paperwork today, tonight was sort of sad. After we put the little ones to bed, Bohdan broke down and was sobbing uncontrollably. Of course, we cannot communicate with him, so we weren't sure what was wrong, but I was very proud of Charlie and Andrew who were extremely concerned and empathetic. While I embraced Bohdan, we discussed all the loss Bohdan is dealing with right now, and how hard this must be for him. Andrew kept compassionately saying, "but now he has a family", not truly understanding that Bohdan's sincere hope must have been for his birth mother to return to him, to stay in Ukraine, and to remain near his friends at the orphanage. As those who adopt know, there is a lot of loss involved for the adoptee. Some of his pain surfaced tonight, but we are sure this is just the tip of the iceburg. I know the questions I have brooding in my mind must mirror his, so I pray that when those questions arise, God will give me just the right answers for Bohdan and/or Taras. I trust He will. Until then, may he give each of us the strength and fortitude to move forward as a family who loves one another and who places God at the center of our love and our life. We have another long day of paperwork tomorrow. Please pray for our family, but please say a special prayer for Bohdan.

On a happy note, Mom, today Taras asked when you were coming. I got the calendar out and showed him and he went and found Bohdan and told them about the coming of their Babushka! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment