Thursday, July 29, 2010

Coming Home...

We're finally coming home! Tomorrow is the big day. The boys and I are so excited (not to mention my Mom, who is also thrilled). Please pray for safe travel for us. We have a LONG trip, including a 6 hour drive home from DC in the middle of the night. Then, we'll have lots of adjustment once we get home, but for now we are excited to show the boys around our house and town. And, of course, we cannot wait for them to meet all our awesome friends and family!

On another note, I just want to say that I have an awesome, awesome husband. The poor guy has been home alone with Charlie and Andrew for 17 days, shuttling them all over town to friends' houses while also trying to work hard (especially after having missed 3 1/2 weeks of work while in Ukraine). He is exhausted. He has also fed them, clothed them, taken them to their evening activites, taken them out in the boat, camped in the backyard with them, taken care of the yard, and last (but DEFINITELY not least) he and the boys spent much of the weekend cleaning the house for me. God certainly blessed me with an awesome husband. What an awesome example he is going to set for all four of our boys. It brings tears to my eyes to think that Taras and Bohdan are going from being "fatherless" to having one of the best earthly fathers I know. Rick is truly a superb dad. All four of our boys are truly blessed beyond measure to have him in their life. As am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment